Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate chip Muffins

I feel a bit less guilty about giving these muffins to my kidlets due to the pumpkin but I still get my chocolate fix at the same time!



1 large can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
300 ml vanilla yogurt (3 individual cups) {please don't use fat free that is just plain wrong!}
1 cup oil ( or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 apple sauce)
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. AP flour
1 c. quick oats
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips {if you use milk chocolate chips I will hunt you down and shake my finger at you!}

Heat oven to 400F and prepare muffin pans
Use basic muffin method (mix liquids and mix dry and then stir together until just moist in less than 20 strokes)
Gently stir in Chocolate chips (no more than 5 strokes)

Baking Times: Reg size = 20 min   Mini size = 16-18 min    Jumbo size = 22-25 min

I like this with cream cheese spread inside.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Pumpkin and spice are my favorite flavors! I need to give them a try! If only they didn't have calories could you work on that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you eat them with your eyes closed it doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete